Porn can ruin your relationships and your life. Many men live with porn without it becoming a crisis and realising that they have an addiction they need to deal with. Promise Keepers Set Free program is for men who have had enough and genuinely want to change their lives.
Am I addicted to porn?
There are some comprehensive self-tests available, but these simple signs should be enough to tell you the direction you are heading:
- Hours, sometimes even days, lost to viewing pornography
- Anger or irritability if confronted about the nature or extent of porn use
- Continued porn use, in spite of negative consequences and/or promises made to self or others to stop using porn
- Reduced or even non-existent interest in sexual, physical and emotional connections with spouses or partners
- Escalation from two-dimensional porn viewing to use of technology for casual, anonymous or paid-for sexual encounters, whether in person or via webcams
Is any porn ok?
Jesus had a high standard – “but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart”. (Matt 5:28)
I need to change now. What is the next step?
Like any recovery program, Set Free only really works when you are fully motivated to change your life. Therefore you need to initiate contact and commit to doing the course.
This is the Set Free pathway to recovery:
13 week course based around the Conquer series in a group setting. Interacting honestly with others builds the trust and support necessary to move forward. Porn addiction is almost impossible to recover from alone.
Commit to the next stage with the group – keeping clean – while meeting for the next 12-18 months. The central content for this stage is 7 Pillars of Freedom.
Now you have grown together with men who have become your brothers, you may choose to make this your Men’s Group going forward.
After you are well, you may also want to join the fight against porn, and help other men get free through the recovery process that has succeeded for you.
To register: Contact Paul Monahan to sign up for the next course - Ph: 022 5877 402.