Unfortunately the PK Auckland 27-28 August Event Has Been Cancelled Due to Level 4 Covid Restrictions.
Tickets will be refunded through Eventbrite.
Being connected to God and to community empowers us to enjoy a life worth living!
We thrive when we live this life connected with others. You were never meant to do this life alone.
Isolation destroys connection. Why do we allow busyness, shame, or selfish pursuits to prevent us from the connections that really count? To become isolated, we literally have to do nothing. However, connection requires living out proactive, intentional decisions. Connection is action!
Relationships may not always be easy, but they are so worth it. We all need encouragement and skills to navigate key relationships well, whether with our spouse, our children, our mates, our community.
Come along to PK and gain encouragement and skills to grow healthy connections with great people.
Get connected to community at PK 2021!
AUCKLAND KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
Richard Black, Mind Health Director and Counsellor
Luka Robertson, Senior Leader at Hope NZ
David Peters, SpiritLife Ministries
- Plus more dynamic speakers including Paul & Bev Monahan, Phil Strong, Sam Tolley, Mark James, Grant Norsworthy, Peter Goulter, Christian Dawson, Tom O'Neil, Jordan McLauchlan, Justin St Vincent.
- 15 Electives to choose from
- Bring your friends and share the experience
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together… but encouraging one another.” Hebrews 10:24-25
EMBRACE PK invites all men to come to Connected PK 2021. No matter where your journey has taken you; good or bad. You are welcome!
ENCOURAGE Participating in this event with hundreds of other men will boost your passion for life!
EMPOWER PK is changing lives for the better. At PK 2021 you will get some of the tools you need to move forward in your life with confidence.
(Event information subject to change)
Auckland Elective Speakers and Topics
4 Key Principles to Resolving Conflict - Richard Black – Keynote Speaker, Mind Health Director and Counsellor.
Encountering conflict is never easy. We can often get lost in conflict and default back to reacting in familiar ways that don’t help. In this talk, learn four key steps to resolving conflict well that will give you practical “how tos” in having those needed courageous conversations.
Leading from Authentic Strength - Richard Black - Keynote Speaker, Mind Health Director and Counsellor.
Leading isn’t for the fainthearted. There are many pressures hidden in the role that seek to limit a leader’s effectiveness and undermine his resilience. This often happens as a leader’s identity gets entangled in the role. This is not what God intended. Learn to lead out of the strength of who you are in Him, lead towards the calling He has placed in you, and in accordance with the role. This is a paradigm-shift for many and essential for anyone operating in any form of leadership. This might just be the game-changer you need. Leadership focus - all men welcome.
Another Look at the Prophetic - Luka Robertson - Keynote Speaker and Senior Leader at Hope NZ.
Hearing from God and sharing it with others.
A Called to Arms - David Peters - Keynote Speaker and SpiritLife Ministries founder.
Today spiritual attacks are becoming more severe. Marital breakdowns, financial pressures, health battles, oppression, persecution, and so on are striking many Christians. This elective reveals the five types of spiritual weapons that God has given us to combat this and enable you and your family to live in victory.
Empowered for Greater Works - David Peters - Keynote Speaker and SpiritLife Ministries founder.
Acts 10:38 says, “God anointed Jesus with the Holy Spirit and power, and he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.” The same empowering is available to any believer who hungers for it. This elective will help you discover the Holy Spirit’s presence and power in your life, to better equip you to reach those in your world.
Exploring the Greater and Deeper Meaning of Worship - Grant Norsworthy - Grammy nominated musician and producer of “The Blessing | Aotearoa/NZ”.
Worship is broader than you may think. Within contemporary Christian culture, we can so easily speak and think of “worship” – whether consciously or subconsciously – as merely the music in our church gatherings. Yet we know that worship is much more. Even for those who might freely state that “worship is a lifestyle”, Grant’s potent presentation on the true meaning of worship is sure to challenge.
Scientific Implications of the Genesis Account - Mark James - Creation Ministries Speaker
If Genesis really is the true history of the universe, what should we expect to see today?
Porn - The Journey Back to Reality - Paul Monahan - PKNZ National Director and Christian Dawson - Set Free leader.
In a fantasy-soaked industry its sometimes difficult to get back into reality, but it can be done, find out how. Pornography is a considerable barrier to us remaining connected to others in our marriage, our families and in our workspace. When our fantasy life begins to dominate, our connection with reality and others can be seriously challenged.
Keys to Authentic Connections - Psychologist Bev Monahan.
What does authentic connection look like in your friendships and relationships?
Leading a Strong Family - Phil Strong - author, speaker, Senior Leader of ZION (formally North End Church, Te Awamutu)
Phil Strong will encourage you with stories and inspiration that will help you to grow a family culture that inspires greatness. As men we must lead our family with intentionality, not allowing the winds of society to blow our loved ones off course. We can and should lead our family in love, building platforms for their success while allowing them to grow in stature and favour with both God and others. Our communities will be stronger when we take our place as godly leaders in the home and in the community, leading as God intended us to.
Your Past Doesn't Determine Your Future - Justin St Vincent - author, PK Board Chairman, President for NZ Christian Writers, Business Development & Strategic Partnerships with Rhema Media. And Jordan McLauchlan - recovered drug addict, life group leader and community outreach facilitator in South Auckland.
As Justin and Jordan share their incredible stories of hope you will see how our past doesn’t determine our destiny. Their journeys and faith in God have resulted in opportunities to share God’s love and hope into their communities. Be encouraged to see that the best is yet to come when you trust in Jesus. Youth focus - all men welcome.
Standing Out in Your Job Hunt - Tom O'Neil - Business & Careers Author, Speaker and Columnist
There is one time in our society we are actually allowed to tell people how good we are at something - that time is the job hunt. Tom will present on how to have an effective CV, selling yourself using your achievements and presenting yourself as a solution to the employer’s problem. Tom will also show participants how to audit their own social media profile for risk areas that will turn employers (and opportunity) away. Youth focus - all men welcome.
The King Has One More Move - Peter Goulter - Author, prayer leader and PK Board Member.
Throughout scripture there are instances of extreme challenge or difficulty, where there appears to be no way out or forward. But often in those times, God turns up and helps us through. God turned up miraculously for me and He could do the same for you too. Do you need to experience for yourself, or for someone else, a moment where the King has one more move? There will be an opportunity for prayer ministry.
Plus other electives
More Event Information...
1. TICKETS: To get the best price possible it is advisable to pre-register online. Entry is by wristband only, which you will receive at the Event. One wristband is for one person and may not be swapped or shared with another person during Event.
2. FOOD AND DRINK: There are multiple nearby food outlets a short walk from the venue including a bakery and other takeaways in Glendene Shopping Village. Also at the nearby BP there is a Wild Bean Café. Tea and coffee are available for sale at the venue. However, you are most welcome to bring your own food and drink.
3. PARKING: Parking is available on site and on the surrounding streets.
4. HAVE A GROUP? There are special discounts and offers available for groups of seven or more men.
5. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Promise Keepers sets the fees to recover the actual costs of putting on the Events. We want to ensure that all men are able to attend these Events. Please contact us if you cannot afford the full fee: ph 0800 PROMISE (77 66 47).
6. EVENT HANDBOOK: The Event Handbook will be available for you at the venue.
7. BIBLE: Please bring a Bible (if you have one).
8. ACCOMMODATION: Each person is responsible for their own accommodation arrangements. Groups may want to contact local churches to seek use of church hall facilities, billets or stay in local accommodation.
9. REFUNDS: Tickets can be gifted or transferred to a new holder for the current Event. In the event of sickness or family emergency, tickets can be transferred to another Event this year or to next year’s Event. All transfers must be confirmed through the Promise Keepers office. Refunds will be given upon application up to seven days after the Event. A $25 non-refundable administration fee applies.
10. COVID-19 POLICY: You must not attend a PK Event if the following applies to you:
- You are currently subject to a 14-day isolation period.
- You are awaiting the results from a Covid-19 test.
- You are feeling unwell with symptoms associated with Covid-19 (e.g., fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/running nose, loss of sense of smell and/or taste).
- You have come into close contact with any known or suspected case of Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
11. In the event Promise Keepers NZ needs to cancel an event, tickets will be refunded through Eventbrite.
12. OTHER TERMS & CONDITIONS: More Event Terms & Conditions are listed [here]