Phone +64 9 300 7337
PO Box 163083, Lynfield, Auckland 1443, New Zealand
PK Office 60B Rockfield Road, Penrose, Auckland. The PK team are working remotely. We are still available every day on phone and email. We look forward to hearing from you.
What is Promise Keepers?
Promise Keepers [PK] encourages men to come out of isolation, deal with life issues, grow spiritually and find their identity as sons of God. We do this by bringing men together in groups and at events. We also provide tools and resources for individual men. This empowers men to build authentic friendships, enjoy peace and wholeness, and gives them the strength they need for today and hope for tomorrow.
PK DNA Statement
PK is a growing movement of fathers, husbands, sons, and brothers. We embrace, encourage, and empower men to be all they can be for God. As Christian men we value faith, life, love, and the eternal truth of God’s Word found in The Bible. His Word is the source of our faith and values. It is from this wellspring of truth we find our identity. We believe that for a man to be fully spiritually alive, he needs brothers that he can trust to journey with as they do life together.
We are a pioneering network for Men’s Ministry throughout New Zealand, a catalyst that supports church growth, and shares a commitment for community. We achieve these goals through events, resources, and advocacy for men’s groups throughout New Zealand.
We believe men can leave a God-given legacy of faith and hope for their families. They will step up with courage to be all they can be with the vision God has given them for their work life, family life, and community life. Through Jesus Christ we are united in a growing family of faith.
Promise Keepers New Zealand is a Christ-centred ministry dedicated to uniting men through vital relationships to become godly influences in their world.
The 7 Promises of a Promise Keeper
A Promise Keeper is committed to…
1. Honouring Jesus Christ through worship, prayer, and obedience to God’s Word in the power of the Holy Spirit.
2. Pursuing vital relationships with a few other men, understanding that he needs brothers to help him keep his promises.
3. Practising spiritual, moral, ethical, and sexual purity.
4. Building a strong marriage and family through love, protection, and biblical values.
5. Supporting the mission of his church by honouring and praying for his pastor and by actively giving his time and resources.
6. Reaching beyond any racial and denominational barriers to demonstrate the power of biblical unity..
7. Influencing his world, being obedient to the Great Commandment (Mark 12:30,31) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19,20)..
Statement of Faith
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
(Deuteronomy 6:4, I Corinthians 8:4, Psalm 90:2, I Timothy 1:17, Matthew 28:19, II Corinthians 13:14).
- We believe that the Bible is God's written revelation to man and that it is verbally inspired, authoritative, and without error in the original manuscripts.
(II Peter 1:20-21, II Timothy 3:16, Revelation 22:18-19, John 17:17, Matthew 5:17-18)
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, death on the cross to provide for our redemption, bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven, present ministry of intercession for us, and His return to earth in power and glory.
(John 1:1, Colossians 2:9, Matthew 1:23, Hebrews 4:15, Acts 2:22-23, I Peter 3:18, I John 1:7, I Corinthians 15:4, Mark 16:19, Hebrews 7:25, Matthew 24:30)
- We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit, that He performs the miracle of new birth in an unbeliever and indwells believers, enabling them to live a godly life.
(I Corinthians 2:10-11, I Corinthians 12:11, Ephesians 4:30, Acts 5:3-4, Titus 3:5, I Corinthians 6:19, Ephesians 5:18, Galatians 5:16, Galatians 5:22-23)
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but because of sin, was alienated from God, that alienation can be removed only by accepting through faith God's gift of salvation which was made possible by Christ's death.
(Genesis 1:27, I John 3:4, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Isaiah 59:2, Ephesians 2:8-9, Philippians 3:9, Romans 3:28, John 14:6, Acts 4:12, I John 5:11-12, Romans 3:24, Romans 5:8, John 3:16, Ephesians 1:7, I Corinthians 15:3-8)