WHAT IS PROMISE KEEPERS?
Promise Keepers is an organisation for men. PK runs major Men’s Events nationwide each year. The Events are open to all men and focus on life purpose, destiny and issues of character, integrity and manhood based on Christian values.
Throughout the year Promise Keepers is also involved with other events and seminars. Promise Keepers also communicates regularly via print materials, email newsletters and radio programs. Our vision is to see “Ordinary Guys Transformed into Extraordinary Men”, men who will be positive influences in the lives of those people they know and love, men who will act responsibly and be proactive not passive. Men who will lead courageously. Men who keep their promises. Men who are putting promising words into action.
See below for our Mission Statement; the Seven Promises of a Promise Keeper; What We Believe. See also our History; and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) to learn more.
Promise Keepers New Zealand is a Christ centered ministry dedicated to uniting men through vital relationships to become godly influences in their world.
SEVEN PROMISES OF A PROMISE KEEPER
- A Promise Keeper is committed to honouring Jesus Christ through worship, prayer, and obedience to God's Word in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- A Promise Keeper is committed to pursuing vital relationships with a few other men, understanding that he needs brothers to help him keep his promises.
- A Promise Keeper is committed to practicing spiritual, moral, ethical, and sexual purity.
- A Promise Keeper is committed to building a strong marriage and family through love, protection, and biblical values.
- A Promise Keeper is committed to supporting the mission of his church by honouring and praying for his pastor and by actively giving his time and resources.
- A Promise Keeper is committed to reaching beyond any racial and denominational barriers to demonstrate the power of biblical unity.
- A Promise Keeper is committed to influencing his world, being obedient to the Great Commandment (Mark 12:30,31) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19,20).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
(Deuteronomy 6:4, I Corinthians 8:4, Psalm 90:2, I Timothy 1:17, Matthew 28:19, II Corinthians 13:14).
- We believe that the Bible is God's written revelation to man and that it is verbally inspired, authoritative, and without error in the original manuscripts.
(II Peter 1:20,21, II Timothy 3:16, Revelation 22:18,19, John 17:17, Matthew 5:17,18)
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, death on the cross to provide for our redemption, bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven, present ministry of intercession for us, and His return to earth in power and glory.
(John 1:1, Colossians 2:9, Matthew 1:23, Hebrews 4:15, Acts 2:22,23, I Peter 3:18, I John 1:7, I Corinthians 15:4, Mark 16:19, Hebrews 7:25, Matthew 24:30)
- We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit, that He performs the miracle of new birth in an unbeliever and indwells believers, enabling them to live a godly life.
(I Corinthians 2:10,11, I Corinthians 12:11, Ephesians 4:30, Acts 5:3,4, Titus 3:5, I Corinthians 6:19, Ephesians 5:18, Galatians 5:16, Galatians 5:22,23)
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but because of sin, was alienated from God, that alienation can be removed only by accepting through faith God's gift of salvation which was made possible by Christ's death.
(Genesis 1:27, I John 3:4, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Isaiah 59:2, Ephesians 2:8,9, Philippians 3:9, Romans 3:28, John 14:6, Acts 4:12, I John 5:11,12, Romans 3:24, Romans 5:8, John 3:16, Ephesians 1:7, I Corinthians 15:3-8)